Monday, January 24, 2011

DVR

I was sick yesterday and stayed in bed ALL day in my jammies.  How funny is that, that we forget what it's like to have a jammie day.  Other than the fact that I felt like complete fecal matter, I would've really dug that idea!  Anyway...as I laid in bed and watched movies, I became a huge fan of my DVR.  Who on earth inveneted such a marvel?  As I lay there in bed, drifting in and out of consciousness, it was so cool to be able to rewind back to the point of my untimely snoozing to see what I missed in the movie.  RIGHTEOUS!  Not to mention fast forwarding through the commercials....gotta love that!  According to Aswers.com
A DVR works like a VCR. Instead of videotape, a DVR uses a Hard Disk Recorder (HDR) to digitally record movies and television shows from your TV to a hard disk (like the one in your home computer). DVRs record in real-time, which allows you to pause or rewind at any point in the program.
DVRs also have networking capabilities that allow you to transfer your digital pictures to your DVR. Some even allow you to hook it up to your receiver. You have many options.
Using a DVR is quite simple: you hook your cable or satellite line to your DVR and plug your DVR into an electrical outlet. There are additional set-up steps if your home entertainment system includes a VCR or receiver or if you are hooking it up your home network. See your manufacturer�s web site for the steps.
The most common use for DVRs is the recording of movies and television shows via your cable service. Recording movies to your DVRs provides more storage (some offer up to 300 hours of recording) and better recording quality than videotape.
Since DVRs record in �real-time� DVRs allow you to fast-forward, rewind and pause of live shows. Also, some have channel search capabilities, which allow you to search for shows by director, topic or even actor. Most will conduct nightly downloads of your cable, antenna or dish service�s listings for up-to-date viewing.


Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_a_DVR_work#ixzz1ByfbXOAC,

Then, I started thinking of that on a much deeper level...how awesome would it be to do that with life!  It reminded me of that movie "Click" with Adam Sandler.  Not that I'd ever want to do that, because I think you'd miss out on the true experience that life has to offer.  But what was attractive, was the illusion of harnessing time.  Being able to stop it, rewind, or even fast forward!  Sometimes that pause function would be sweet to be able to do, like when you are in the arms of your beloved, or even when a friend comes to visit that you haven't seen in a really long time.  Or maybe even watching your kids open presents on their birthday or Christmas and seeing that suprise and excitement on their faces.  But alas, that's why God gave us memories I guess... :O)  Told ya these blogs would be completely random! *wink*  Please feel free to post your thoughts and Ideas!
In Grace and Peace~
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear God,
My prayer for 2011 is for a FAT BANK ACCOUNT & a THIN BODY! Please don't mix these up like you did last year...

Thank you and Amen. :O)


Love,

Dee