Ok..today I had to take my son to the Dr. and afterwards, he conned me into running to Barnes and Nobles to get himself a book. I didn't put up TOO much of a fight since it was a book he wanted and buying it with his own money to boot! So...we get there and I found the most awesomest book ever! The title was, "Sh*t My Kids Have Ruined" it made me laugh outloud because I can totally relate!
My husband and I finally broke down and bought a new furniture set for our living room 3 years ago and within a year, our son had broke the frame on the sofa from jumping on it...epic fail! It got me thinking about what those little booger flickers do to us when they are little! Good thing God made 'em cute ... now we know why lions eat their young ! HAHA!
And honestly, why do we get soooo worked up about it? I guess we forget that we once did that too at that age or at least something similar. When I was super little, I had a really high fever that caused the muscles in my left eye to weaken. The only correction at the time was by glasses, so from the age of three...I've worn glasses. Back then, they didn't have cute or fashionable frames back then for kids and I got teased terribly bad. To the point where I would come home from first grade everyday in tears. Back then, we had metal lunchboxes and my dad told me to wait until all my bullies (you know who you were!) were around me teasing me about my glasses and then stick my arm out while holding out my lunchbox and spin around in circles and don't stop until you wack 'em...let's just say that they stopped for a little while! :O) Unfortunately, it didn't last though. So, I used to break them on purpose during recess so I wouldn't have to wear them. I don't know how many times my poor parents had to get those stupid things fixed.
At least I guess I know how both sides of that coin look. I know how my parents must've felt and I sort of remember how I felt. It's really hard to remember the kid side of that coin though when they wreck something that you just financed for 48 months! ;O) Oh well..you can't take it with you when you go!
Here is that lovely broken sofa now...Thanks a lot, Trev! Note the slight dip in the middle? uh huh....epic fail! I think it now resides at the thrift store or it's gracing someone else's living room. I think you can have nice things OR you can have kids. HAHA! Just kidding! I love him dearly!!
In Grace & Peace
D

No comments:
Post a Comment