Ever Seen 'Marley And Me'? Yeah, well I'm pretty sure we have 'Marley's' evil twin, the world's second worst dog! My son's three year old Australian Shepard/ Border Collie mix. His name is Mickey, but he answers to "Butt hole". This little turd thinks the world is his bathroom! He marks like crazy. All I can say is God Bless the guy who dreamed up the Hoover Steam Cleaner and the Spot Bot! It's a good thing he's cute or his name would've been Homeless by now.
Three years and six weeks ago, my husband and I decided that we should honor our puppy promise to our son since we had a larger house and our son was old enough to handle the responsibility. My parents were going through a transition and my son was very close to both of them. It was starting to emotionally take a toll...so we decided that the timing was definitely right. Looking through our local newspaper classifieds, I came across an add for Aussie/Border Collie Mix puppies. They were asking 50 dollars to ensure they went to good homes.
When I was a kid, my best friend in the entire world was my Aussie/Border Collie mix...her name was Suzie. Best dog ever. We did everything together. We lived in the country on 16 acres when I was a kid and we did everything out there. My dad had horses and mules out there so we had a trailer and truck to transport. In the truck, there was a hay trough and I would lift her up and then I would crawl up and we would sit in there and share a lollipop. :O) I don't know why we did that in the truck, probably so my mom wouldn't see and scold me! We would make mud pies together, have picnics in the front yard together, even tea parties. She was the best dog ever.
So naturally, when I saw the ad in our newspaper, I knew that this was going to be perfect! HA! Little did I know...When I arrived at the house, there were six roly poly fat and fluffy little puppies running around in a long makeshift kennel in the house. They were sooooooo cute, I wanted them all! It was really hard to pick just one. But I kept going back to this chunky little ball of grey, black, and white fur with a spotted nose. He was playful and just had the sweetest little face. I was in love. My son was at my mom's house and I thought it would be a neat surprise for him so after I paid the lady, I took my new found fat and fluffy friend to meet his new best buddy. My son was so happy! The look on his face was priceless and it was a perfect match. They loved each other from the first time they saw each other! The rest is history. Between the dog and the kid, we just should not buy or own nice things! I'll post some examples of said examples later! Every kid should have the experience of a pet, I truly believe that whole- heartedly. And every parent should have a special place in heaven for accommodating said pet! HA!
In Grace & Peace,
D

No comments:
Post a Comment